Saturday 12 November 2016

... I tried to find my voice

Not sure what I'm doing here but I have a lot to say. For some reason I can't write it down. Which is weird because I write for a living - but about other people.

When I had a viva interview for my degree the examiner said she liked the way I write. That may be why I got a first. 

When I took a non-fiction writing course when living in New York I could reel off a magazine-style article without even thinking. But I could not write personal experience pieces to save my life. 

I'm a natural communicator - can speak to anyone. I always have a new anecdote for friends and family. Somehow crazy shit is attracted to me. So I want to record it here, but it doesn't feel natural. 

Maybe I should record myself speaking and transcribe it here. Cringing all the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment